Thursday, September 01, 2005

yesterday was my lovely mother's birthday. today is my birthday. without my lovely mother's birthday my birthday would not have been possible. life is cool. i thought today was just gonna be another day with work (which it was) and coming home to an empty house (which i did) but it turned out to be almost perfect. almost...but not quite. i haven't had a birthday with my family around me in way too long. i miss everyone. and i still haven't talked to any one on the phone! where is everyone? are you all gonna surprise me by showing up on my doorstep any minute now? i wish that were true....
but...back to the perfect bits of my day. i got jolted out of deep sleep at midnight by nick jumping on the bed and yelling something about birthdays and a huge brown paper package wrapped up in ribbon sitting on my chest. i think i incoherently tried to be civil and unwrapped said package through slitted sleepy eyes. it was so fun to see nick's huge grin and excitement--an amazing way to start a birthday. he got me one of those super duper memory foam pillow thingies because i complain about neck pain every second of every day and always talk about how i want one of those super duper memory foam pillow thingies but they're so expensive and i feel wierd spending money on a pillow but geez my neck always hurts.....you get the picture. so he woke me up so i could sleep better. and i did. it's a little bit like sleeping on a cloud. when was the last time you did that huh? then nick came to work during lunch bearing a massive sunflower plant and a spectacular present from sister katelyn and a book from suzanne (i like to read a little bit. i don't know if you know that about me...)

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Oh my dear cousin, I am so glad you had a good birthday!!! I miss you - and I'm jealous...i want a magic cloud-like pillow. =) Love you!!! -Ryan

9:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy happy birthday, a couple of days late..
i hope that pillow is treating you a-okay. ive been sleeping beautifully in the arms of cincinnati. my faux german left this afternoon, with promises to return, and leaving behind him the most beautiful late summer day. I sat around a fire my brother built last night and sang silly old songs accompanied by my mama on the guitar and blayne on the banjo. The weather here has been nice enough to make me think that i am hanging out with you guys.
i still have your records, they will have an ohio postmark.
i hope your birthday week has been full of excitement and joy.
big fat smooches
katie

3:59 PM

 
Blogger brandyn hart said...

ryan!!!
i miss you greatly. congrats on all the opera club stuff and other stuff and i've looked at yr blog and i love yr flat and everything is stellar. i can't wait to see you at thanksgiving. hug me.

6:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home