Saturday, October 01, 2005

i snuck into one of the computers here at the service centre really quickly---the clients have all gone and we're closing up shop for the day. i'm exhausted. i've cried too much and i haven't had a decent meal in days. i am finding a restaurant and a beverage and i'm falling on my cot and that is that. i helped a lot of people today---i also didn't get to help a lot of people today but i'm trying not to think about that now. i have to go in 2 minutes or something---so some corrections on my wonderful boyfriend's post. she was 17 not 19. cardboard seperates the boys from the girls not the "clients" from the "staff". there is indeed a thick forest and a graveyard outside of my southern baptist temporary home. does that strike anyone else as creepy creepy creepy? um....what else? oh yeah---politics are corrupt--even when dealing with the red cross. i never ever ever want to live in monticello, mississippi. and----if i had to work this hard----i'd quit.
more later. love you all.

7 Comments:

Blogger nicholas said...

Whoops. I thought it was 17 but I convinced myself I was wrong.

5:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do not become discouraged, even though I'm sure it would be easy to do! Just know that even if you can only help a few, it is better than most. I love and admire your good work. It must be something in the genes.

9:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

B - Anonymous referred to above was your Father. Your courage has made both of us proud and even a little ashamed for our middle class ways. All seems to be unraveling, what with politics so embarrassing. After this experience will become even more of an activist or long for the safety of home? Take care, Mom

1:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Brandyn. You continue to be one of the most amazing people I've had the blessing to know on this earth. Stay strong. Love and hugs.

5:05 PM

 
Blogger kyle said...

I'm curious about this other fern-footed person you've met. Was there a knowing wink between you? Some kind of secret handshake the two of you made up and then promptly forgot?

11:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love You.

7:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brandyn,
You are a fantastic person! It was a pleasure to meet you. You are one if the reasons that I enjoyed Monticello MS so much. Remember drinking in the park.

Love.
Jackie

8:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home